Monday 22 December 2014

Andrew Peace Wines Australia Felix Sagrantino 2012

I do like the 2012 Sagrantino’s as they seem to be more representative of the variety. Andrew Peace wines have access to 270 ha of vines in the Murray Darling and surrounding areas. This wine is sourced from 10 acres in the Swan-hill area in Victoria which makes this in the top three largest holdings of the variety in Australia. While I didn’t like the previous wine I tasted from this producer this vintage is a large step up.


 Andrew Peace Wines Australia Felix Sagrantino 2012

 
The wine is coiled up within itself at the moment but I would expect that from the variety if it was make correctly. There wasn’t any information provided regarding how it was made but it seems that older French oak was used allowing rustic flavours to unfold. Once they do open up flavours of ruby plums, spice and tree bark unfold. I love the savoury nature of this wine but it will need another 6 years to unfurl. I love the word unfurl and I have been trying to use it in as many sentences as possible. Another word I like is frolic and this wine seems to frolic with my senses. All in all a beautiful Sagrantino and one I would stash away.

 
Alcohol:
Price: $45
Rated: 91 ++
Drink: 2020 +
 

No comments:

Post a Comment