Friday 7 November 2014

Pheasant's Tears Kisi 2012

Have you heard of a variety called Kisi? No... I haven't either but it does sound fascinating. I suggest that you give this to someone on valentines day. I might give to to my wife if I'm feeling lucky.

The vineyard is in Georgia and is run along traditional lines. Think the wines are aged in clay pots for an extended period before being pressed off. I love the story and I love the wines but I was in the minority. Most of the critics struggled with the texture and flavour profile.

Pheasant's Tears Kisi 2012

The Kisi is an orange wine and is savoury and dry with notes of orange peel, mandarin curd, peach fuzz, crushed flowers and roast nuts. On the palate these flavour translate well with a huge chalkiness and phenolics that kick in from the mid-palate. The phenolic add texture and interest to what is already a quality wine.I would recommend serving this as an aperitif style or with fried white bait.

Alcohol: 12.5%
Price:
Rated: 94
Drink: Now - 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment