Wednesday 5 November 2014

Hoggies Estate Chardonnay 2012

I've never heard of Hoggies before but I've had a few chardonnays from Coonawarra so I thought I would be in for an enjoyable ride. Gavin Hogg is the owner/winemaker and he has two vineyards, one in Coonawarra and the other larger holding is in the Murray Darling,


Hoggies Estate Chardonnay 2012

The nose is a little oakish but underneath there was an elegant flavour profile. Once on the palate the wine looked more flavour laden, with crushed quartz, lemon curd and peaches and cream. The flavours are only medium bodied with a hint of phenolic grip on the middle palate providing an interest. I liked this a lot especially when I found out the price.

Alcohol: 12%
Price: $13
Rated: 86
Drink: Now - 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment