Thursday 6 November 2014

d'Arenberg The Iron Pressing Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre 2010

The style of the wine influences, if I will buy the wine more than the quality of the wine. The use of oak, in the Iron Pressing, has been pulled back compared to the Dead Arm which makes this so easy to drink now. The ease and inbuilt complexity of the 70% grenache, 25% shiraz and 5% mouvedre blend seems to change its flavour profile every time i put it in my mouth. This wine has style and quality which means I would slap down the 65 bucks with ease.

d'Arenberg The Iron Pressing Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre 2010

From the get go the flavour profile is on full show with red-fruits leading the way. There is a plummy note mixed with dried clay, turkish spices and licorice. These flavours are only medium bodied but the length is huge. Long long long I say if I only could use one word. This length uses the flavour well with  the acidity providing the body of the wine before the tannins attached the length to my tongue. It will cellar well but asl drink well now.

Alcohol: 13.9%
Price: $65
Rated: 94
Drink:Now - 2025

No comments:

Post a Comment