Friday 21 November 2014

Annie's Lane Shiraz 2013

This wine is a mainstream cheaper Shiraz that can be bought most places, especially from the larger liquor stores, at often discounted prices. I don't really care what the RRP is, just what can I get it at and what is the quality like?


Annie's Lane Shiraz 2013

The oak for this wine sits firmly in the background but I assume that it sees a fare amount of older oak. Well I hope the winery doesn't use too much new oak as this wine is for drinking and enjoying sooner. That still the wine will happily sit in the cellar for a few years but I would be opening them now. The wine is medium bodied with chocolate moments mixed with cinnamon, spice, plum and a minty edge. These flavours sit on a light and fluffy tannin structure that only just adds to the overall appeal of the wine. For a wine that sits at between 9 to 15 bucks it is very good and much better than the last time I tried the Annie's Lane Shiraz.

Alcohol: 14.5%
Price: $11 (you will have to shop around but just kick it into google and you should be good.)
Rated: 90
Drink: Now - 2017

Annie's Lane Shiraz

No comments:

Post a Comment