Wednesday 25 December 2013

Wild Duck Creek Estate Alan's Vat 1 Cabernet 2011


Normally my favourite from the release but the blend had my lips flapping this year.

 

Wild Duck CreekEstate Alan's Vat 1 Cabernet 2011

 

I started tasting this while I was cooking a BBQ and all I got was a nice dose of satay Chicken. Not what I was expecting so I sat the glass aside for half an hour before going back to the wine. The wine is definitely a field blend of all thing Bordeaux with all components working well together. The medium bodied style is normal for this wine with a light note of pomegranate and brown sugar adding a difference that I wouldn’t normally associate with this label. What I do get that is common is a cinnamon donut flavour mixed with blackcurrant and clay. The flavours work well with the slow to evolve tannin and nice acidity with the oak sitting firmly in the background. The wine won’t be a keeper like so many from this label but it will drink nicely with four years under its belt.

 

Alcohol: 13%

Price: $45

Rated: 88
 
Drink: 2017 – 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment