Wednesday 25 December 2013

Jim Barry Watervale Riesling 2013


Jim Barry started his wine making career at the Stonyfell winery in 1945 but he moved to the Clare Valley in 1946 after completing his studies. The iconic wine from this winery is based around Shiraz yet the white wines fly out at very low prices.

 

Jim Barry Watervale Riesling 2013

 

This wine is full on flavour but doesn’t possess the structure for medium term cellaring. What you get is lime, jasmine and lemon drops in your face that bounces around with swagger. The wine has a honey like moment on the mid-palate before finishing up with a blossom note on the back palate. The flavours are more open than normal but for a wine that drinks well this summer it does the job nicely.

 

Alcohol: 12.2%

Price: Under $15

Rated: 86
 
Drink: Now - 2017

'Watervale' Riesling 2013 Bottle Shot

3 comments:

  1. I had this bottle, its fine. My review in crux - You will not regret spending $15 on it.


    online wine Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree at 15 bucks it is great value. tasting it bling I had it at a 20 - 25 buck range so I was pleased when I found out the price. Thanks for the feedback and keep the comments coming.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree at 15 bucks it is great value. tasting it bling I had it at a 20 - 25 buck range so I was pleased when I found out the price. Thanks for the feedback and keep the comments coming.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete