Tuesday 2 July 2013

Wynns Coonawarra Estate Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon 2010

I used to buy a lot of Wynns but I went off this label from about the 2001 but I came back from the 2009 version. This vintage is one of the best I have tried in a while. I would say almost equal with the lovely 1996 vintage.

Wynns Coonawarra Estate Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon 2010

Classic Coonawarra flavours, style and structure with notes of olives, brambles, fresh herbs, mulberries and spice. These medium bodied flavours are only secondary to the force of tannin that lurks below. They are bouncy and inviting with a lasting dryness that pulls the flavours along. In the end a wedge of acidity finishes the wine off. As it took five days for this it start showing its best I would cellar for a long time. If you open it early the wine isn't as comforting or as enjoyable.

Alcohol: 13.5%
Price: RRP $40 or street price $25
Rated: 93
Drink: 2020 - 2045

 


No comments:

Post a Comment