Friday 31 May 2013

Sacred Hill Wines by De Bortoli

These wines are so cheap and are made in a drink now varietal manner.

Sacred Hill Moscato 2012

This smell like true Australian Moscato with notes of candied orange, spring flower and the musk sticks that I used to have when I was in my early teens. It is the one I used to get on my way home from school when I had to walk home. I used to get a 20 cent bag of mixed lollies that had one or two sticks of musk that I always saved for the end.  This wine is a crowd pleaser that has a good entry but ok length.

Alcohol: 8%
Price: $7.50
Rated: 80
Drink: Now

 

Sacred Hill Traminer Riesling 2012

The nose is the thing that wins this wine over with an exotic componant that would work with Asian style dishes. Once the wine hits just after the front palate it gets a little weird but at the price I can cope with that.

Alcohol: 12.4%
Price: $7.50
Rated: 77
Drink: Now


Sacred Hill Colombard Chardonnay 2012

Light and bright with unoaked flavours that are simple yet work well as a day to day quaffer. The citrus leads the way, with the entry the best thing of the wine. Enjoy on a wednesday after work if you had a stressful one with your boss.

Alcohol: 12.3
Price: $7.50
Rated: 79
Drink: Now


Sacred Hill Chardonnay 2012

The most varietal and flavour dominant wine of the four with melons and peaches leading the way. The medium bodied palate works well with the oak providing a liitle textural elements before the length falls away. The best of the four wines and at the price give great valeu for money.

Alcohol: 13%
Price: $7.50
Rated: 81
Drink: Now





No comments:

Post a Comment