Tuesday 9 April 2013

Wild Duck Creek Estate Fortified Duck 2010

Wild Duck Creek produces some profound wines in terms of flavour and intensity but this wine is better than that as it offers savouriness and stunning length of flavour.

Wild Duck Creek Estate Fortified Duck 2010

I can imagine myself just opening this around a camp fire in the middle of winter with my mates perched around with big goblets in their hands as it just reminds me of holidays when I was a lot younger. We used to stay at a nearby lake east of Düsseldorf where we would unload our boot which was filled with delicious meats, cheeses and breads. We would light a fire and cook up a storm and then sit back and talk dribble to each other. I cherish those moments and this is the way this wine makes me feel. It is comforting as the plush flavours of plum, spice and rum and raison ice cream make me feel warm and loved. While the wine has sweetness is also possesses a huge amount of savoury goodness which makes it easy to come back for a second sip.

Alcohol: 18.5%
Price: $55
Rated: 94
Drink: In ten years

No comments:

Post a Comment