Monday 24 December 2012

La Maison Ruinart Blanc de Blanc NV

Ruinart was founded in 1729 and produces Chardonnay dominant style of Champagne. As I've been tasting Blanc de Blanc's a lot over the past month, I have come to the conclusion that this house is one of the leaders  in this style. They are the king amongst the kings!

Ruinart Blanc de Blanc NV

Light and delicate yet with power galore. The lightness comes across as flowers and grapefruit before the power of honeysuckle and toasted bread takes over. My wife decided to join me as I was tasting this and she finished off three glasses before I had finished my notes which is more of endorsement than the note or score that I am giving to it as my wife is a very discerning drinker. The Ruinart would be a perfect wine to drink at a big event like Christmas day so I hope everyone has a great day and open something special.

Alcohol: 12%
Price: $99
Rated: 93+
Drink: Now or over the next 8 years

No comments:

Post a Comment