Sunday 16 December 2012

Domaine Chandon Brut NV

Ever year I grab a bottle of this and a bottle of Jansz and I have a bubble off to see which one I will drink over the summer as these two brands seem to turn out the best quality affordable Sparkling year in year out. So they should as Domaine Chandon is owned by Moet & Chandon which makes the best Champagne I have ever tried (1996 Dom). They have invested a huge amount of money in infrastructure, vineyards and quality people in recent years so it will be interesting to see what the next 5 years brings for the quality of the wines.

Domaine Chandon Brut NV

For such an inexpensive wine I wasn't expecting to get a full on bottle fermented Chardonnay experience. The wine is light on its feet with flavours of lemon curd, pear skin and strawberry biscuits.  Elegance is what the palate is all about which makes this perfect to pair with a range of foods or use it as a conversation starter next time people come over. The wine finished with bright acidity but it is the entry that is most impressive. I guess the entry is the thing that makes me reach for another glass while the finish leaves me feeling lively and spritely.

Alcohol: 12.5%
Price: $24
Rated: 86
Drink: Now or over the next couple of years



No comments:

Post a Comment