Tuesday 20 November 2012

Kaesler Old Bastard 2008


I tasted this blind but was given it to take home and evaluate it over four days. While my rating stayed the same the alcohol was most evident on day four.

Kaesler Old Bastard 2008

Ultra ripe and moved into the port end of the spectrum is this big wine. The rich fruits are very dark with a little boiled fruit action coming through over the top of the leather and dark chocolate flavours. The tannins sit firmly underneath but they do add a bit of food friendliness to this beast.  Once the flavours hit my tongue the alcohol is the first thing that I notice and it stays that way for the whole of the tasting event. I would be drinking this now with a half cow attached.

Alcohol: 16.5%
Price: $150
Rated: 83
Drink: Now

No comments:

Post a Comment