Sunday 2 September 2012

Totara Pinot Noir 2010




Central Otago is so picturesque and would have to be one of the most beautiful areas to visit. If you are thinking of a holiday then I suggest that you get on a plane and head on over. Make sure you visit Arrow town as his has some funky restaurants and gorgeous buildings plus it is only a stones throw away from the adventure capital of New Zealand. Here is a photo of Arrowtown which I think does even do the town justice it is so mesmerising.


                                                    Image from goldenfleece.co.nz

Totara Pinot Noir 2010

Much lighter than I was expecting but the palate weight doesn't reduce the enjoyment factor at all. It is the style of wine that I could see myself drinking with a light pasta meal on a wednesday night.  The flavours pop out of the glass with such vigor it reminds me of a hip hop dancer. The very good lenth of flavour are typically Central Otago in nature but the mid-palate is a little more extractive in nature than I would expect. There is a drive of acidity under the fruit pulling the flavors forward and up which I rather like. Now here is the thing. The wines price is very low in price and the quality to very good which makes this wine an easy buy and try choice.

Alcohol: 13.5%
Price: $16
Rated: 85
Drink: Now - 2017




No comments:

Post a Comment