Friday 28 September 2012

Chapel Hill Cabernet Sauvignon 2010

I am not a fan of McLaren Vale Cabernet as a lot of them tend towards the overripe end of the spectrum. This wine is nothing like that and I would put it in the top two Cabernets from the area.

Chapel Hill Cabernet Sauvignon 2010

There is nothing sweet at all about this wine. In fact the flavours of blackcurrant, mulberry leaf, licorice weed, crushed tomato leaf, dried thyme and spice are all savoury as hell. Well i'm not sure if hell is savoury but you get what I mean. The structure of the wine is huge and it works brilliantly with each flavour component, pulling it along and sticking them to my tongue. As with all of the 2010's from the Vales there is a little dirty pot element that is so inviting that I can't help but reach for a bigger glass.

Alcohol: 14.5%
Price: $27
Rated: 89
Drink: 2016 - 2025

No comments:

Post a Comment