Thursday 2 August 2012

Vinea Marson Rose 2011

This winery is located in Heathcote, Victoria, where Mario focuses on more savoury styled wines than is normal for the region. How he does this, I have no idea but the few wines I have tried from this maker are all of very good to exceptional in quality.  Out of all the roses that I have tried from Australia, this wine is the lightest in colour and is in my top 3 best Australian roses.

Vinea Marson Rose 2011

Well slap me in the face and call me Betty. This wine is so dry and food friendly it is scary.  There is a beautiful texture about this wine that is so mesmerising. It almost feels like I am drinking a milkshake as the flavours of sour cherry, cranberry sauce and black pepper coat my mouth before the flavours change. After reviewing this wine, I ended up just sitting down to enjoy what this wine brought to the table. There are not too many roses that really satisfies but this one does with plenty of juice still in the tank.

Alcohol: I didn't put it in my notes but from memory it was low. (13%)
Price: $29
Rated: 87
Drink: Now or over the next few years.

main image

No comments:

Post a Comment