Monday 14 May 2012

Poderi Aldo Conterno Il Favot Nebbiolo DOC 2008

Many wine connoisseur regard Pinot Noir as the elixir from the god yet I'm yet to have a life changing moment with that variety.  On the other hand I have had many jaw dropping moments with Nebbiolo so it is always great to see another one land on my tasting bench.  This variety possesses those beautiful aromatics yet it has a tannin and acid structure that is often to die for.  This wine I like so much that after only having four days off in the last six weeks I'm thinking of cracking another one of these on Friday as I have the week-end totally free.  

Poderi Aldo Conterno Il Favot Nebbiolo DOC

Imagine rolling around in warm earth on a mild spring day in a country garden in England and you basically have this wine down pat. You also get an inviting fluffy sweet tannin structure that is accessible now, this is strange for your normal Nebbiolo as they often need a while in the cellar, and a easy acid element.  Now I don't think this is built for the long haul but it does give you an incite into what the variety brings to the table. 

Alcohol: 13.5%
Price: $80
Rated: 90
Drink: Now - 2016
Importer: Negociants 

No comments:

Post a Comment