Sunday 8 April 2012

Weingut Egon Muller Scharzhofberger Kabinett Riesling 2010

I love these style of wines as they have interest and appeal with a beautiful balance between acidity and sweetness.  It is my goal this year to taste more German Rieslings to increase my understanding of the variety. I have never had a wine from Egon Muller that I haven't liked and this wine continues that trend.

Weingut Egon Muller Scharzhofberger Kabinett Riesling 2010

Poached pears anyone? This wine is riddled with those divine fruits plus a bit of peach fuzz and wet river pebbles.  Compared to the 09 this is a little riper and more comforting but I love how Egon has balanced that sweetness with razor sharp acidity.  As soon as the flavours disappear from my mouth I want to go back for another sip.  Love it!

Alcohol: 9.5%
Price: $75
Rated: 90
Drink: Now - 2026
Importer: Negociants

No comments:

Post a Comment