Thursday 19 April 2012

Chrismont La Zona Prosecco NV

The Glera variety has been around for centuries but has only just been given its name as it used to be called Prosecco which is the town where it is grown.  The Chrismont winery has been growing Italian varieties for 30 years now in a cimate that is similar to the Tuscan region in Italy. All the wines I have tasted from this winery are inherently drinkable and priced so well.

Chrismont La Zona Prosecco NV

Everything is so fresh and fruity yet I wouldn't call this wine sweet. Its more in the crisp end of the spectrum with flavours of apples, pears, lemon peel, spice and bitter almonds.  I love how easy this is to drink and after each mouthfull I get a huge amount of saliva cascading from my mouth. The length is very good and adds to the whole appeal of the wine. I will be making this my new go to Prosecco from now on.

Alcohol: 12%
Price: $22
Rated: 87
Drink: Now

No comments:

Post a Comment