Wednesday 29 February 2012

Tiberio Pecorino IGT 2009

I was given this a little while ago and I thought I should have a crack.  It is made from a winery that has deep roots in Italiy and want to do everything to maintain the distinctiveness of the region and country.  Now the Pecorino vine has been extinct for sometime now but when the team at Tiberio were investigating their terrain they found a few of these and then began a rejuvenation and replanting process.

Tiberio IGT Pecorino 2009

This wine tastes exotic and unique yet has something familiar about it but I just can't put my finger on it. The wine starts with peaches poached in vanilla beans and topped with wild nuts.   I can imagine myself eating a bowl of this lovely food then being attacked by a haystack and covered in citrus.  I did get a faint hint of cheese on the back palate or that could be my mind playing tricks on me. The texture takes it to a new dimension as there is a gylcerol mouthfeel to the wine  with an extremely long palate that all end in a vibrant finish. If you want to try something beautiful and unique, try this.

Alcohol: 14%
Price: $35
Rated: 89
Drink: Now - 2015
Importer: Bottega Rotolo

No comments:

Post a Comment