Friday 17 February 2012

Pizzini Arneis 2011

Arneis originates from Roero in Italy which is a rather picturesque area with rolling hills.

Image from colpodipedale 

Now if I was going to own a vineyard I think I would want it in an area like that resembles the above photo. The types of wines you would expect from this region are ultra food friendly with plenty of acidity and bitterness covering vibrant fruit flavours.

Pizzini Arneis 2011

Boy oh boy this is a cheeky little rascal of a wine.  The most captivating aspect of the wine is the finish which you will have to wait for a while before it arrives.  Once it is there you will understand what I mean. There is a bitter almond component that demands food but is equally captivating by itself. It lingers and lingers like a high quality stalker! While this wine is great now I would give it just a bit of extra time in the bottle to blossom.

Alcohol: 12.5%
Price: $22
Rated: 87+
Drink: Mid 2012 - 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment