Saturday 25 February 2012

Greenock Creek Cabernet 2003

Greenock Creek Cabernet 2003

I was served this blind and asked for variety, region and year. I picked mataro, due the high tannin content, Barossa and 05. So I was a fare bit off but I should have known it was Cabernet as there is a huge hole in the mid palate of this wine.  The flavours of red-fruits, chocolate mud-cake, sugar coated violets and chilli flakes are rather nice attacking the front palate on entry. Once these flavours move along my tongue they disappear but then re-emerge on the back palate. The chalky tannins are a different beast as they grab a hold of your private parts and shake them like they have never been shaken before. I like this wine but it is the alcohol that invades my emotional state during the whole experience that puts me off a bit.

Alcohol: 15.5%
Price: $38
Rated: 86
Drink: This winter

No comments:

Post a Comment