Saturday 28 January 2012

Zind-Humbrecht Goldert Vendange Tardive 2005

Olivier has converted his vineyards from traditional to bio-dynamic viticulture practises as he believes that the vines are healthier and can cope better with the extreme weather conditions.  Now I haven't tasted much from this producer but the reputation of this winery is rather impressive.

Zind-Humbrecht Goldert Vendange Tardive 2005

When you compare dessert wines from Australia with this they are poles apart. The Australian examples are often sickly sweet with no acidity to balance out those flavours yet with this little number there is a vibrant core of acidity which leaves my mouth dry yet dripping with saliva. The flavours of turkish delight mixed with lemon rind, sugar coated spice and spring flowers coat the interior of my mouth. I just can't get my head around how this wine has a texture of syrup yet it feels light in my mouth. I love the fact that I can't get my head around it as it brings up the interest factor a couple of notches.


Alcohol: ?
Price: ?
Rated: 94
Drink: Whenever you want

No comments:

Post a Comment