Sunday 8 January 2012

Chartogne-Taillet Brut Millesime 2002

So this blew me away in a tasting so much so that I left thinking about my best champagne experiences.  My top three in order are Dom Perignon 1996 (99pts), Krug NV (97 pts) and this one. Now for the money this rocks even more. If you can find some buy as much as you can. I should try and find an e-tailer that stocks this and link it to this site.


Chartogne-Taillet Brut Millesime 2002

Bursting at the seems with elegance and cerebral sexiness.  There is a creaminess to this wine, both in terms of the texture and flavour, that is so enticing I could just drink the whole bottle by myself. The flavours are intense yet there is a brilliant core of lemon tart flavoured acidity that leaves my mouth invigorated. While I could easily drink this now I get the feeling that that I would be rewarded if I could keep my hands off them. As the wine hits my mouth the flavours spread out covering every taste bud and them they latch themselves on tight and never let go.  Brilliant length and perfect poise.

Alcohol: 12%
Price: $99
Rated: 96+
Drink: 2014 - 2022
Importer: Eurocentric Wine

No comments:

Post a Comment