Sunday 18 December 2011

Schubert Estate The Gosling 2008

Schubert estate supply some of their production to Torbreck's top wines so I was hoping for something special from the get go. The Schubert's are located in the Marananga sub-region of the Barossa and they follow a more sustainable way of making wine. Some may even call them natural wine makers as they use wild ferments and bottling without filtration.

Schubert Estate The Gosling 2008

On the nose there is some cooked fruits with a little chocolate mixed in.  While it is an ok wine, the flavour length isn't doing too much for me and the palate is rather hot.  It might show better in the cooler months but I would be letting someone else buy this.

Alcohol: 14.5%
Price: $25
Rated: 84
Drink: Now - 2014

1 comment:

  1. 04 (I think) Gooseyard Block I had recently was divine.

    ReplyDelete