Monday 5 December 2011

Isole e Olena Cepparello 2004

This fine estate is owned and run by Paolo De Marchi, who took over from his parents in 1976.  This wine is 100% Sangiovese and is one of the first of its kinds to focus totally on this grape variety.  Some people have said that there is a large bottle variation in these....well I must have been extremely lucky.


Isole e Olena Cepparello 2004

Right from the word go this screamed charm and elegance. There are sour notes mixed with earth and spice but it is the food friendly nature and the extreme length that got my juices going. I had this wine at my wedding and it was singing that night but today it has taken the quality level up two notches!!!! The tannin structure mesmerises you, taking you in for a long kiss good night.  Every other wine served on the night paled in comparison. Breath taking!

Alcohol: 14%
Price: $99
Rated: 97+ (the only thing holding me back from a 98 is my impression that this will get better)
Drink: 2015 - 2024
Importer: Negociants

No comments:

Post a Comment