Thursday 22 December 2011

Houghton White Classic 2011

Houghtons is one of my favourite wineries from Western Australia but it is the reds that I have in my cellar.  The white wines that I have tasted have all been fresh and lively and I have never bothered to put them away.

Houghton White Classic 2011

You get a huge amount of wine for your money here.  The wine starts out rather exotic with guava and peach juice kicking off the show but it then moves to the fresh flavours of lemon zest and lemon twist. The lemon twist is a little bit sweeter and it really plumps up the mid palate.  The finish is a bright core of acidity and not much else.  The length of the acidity is beautiful but the flavours on your tongue resemble the shape of a shovel.  At $8 a bottle this is a bargain and I'm sure many bottles of this will be drank over summer. Here is cheers to a deserving icon quaffer wine.

Alcohol: 13%
Price: $8.99
Rated: 83
Drink: Now  - 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment