Sunday 4 December 2011

Giaconda Estate Chardonnay 2008

When people talk about quality Australian Chardonnay they have to be talking about either Giaconda or Leeuwin Estate.  Now I am not a fan of some of the Leeuwin vintages as I think they see a huge amount of oak but Giaconda is a totally different story. Rick doesn't release his Estate Chardonnay every year but does so if he thinks the quality is there. Now the town of Beechworth  is situated in the hills just south of the New South Wales border which makes it brilliant for a variety of different grape varieties.

 

I think I would like to visit the vineyards so see how Rick grows such an amazing bunch of grapes. 

Giaconda Estate Chardonnay 2008

So complex with all components perfectly integrated into the main theme of the wine. On the palate the wine feels light whilst the intensity of the fruit in scary but what I most love about the wine is after the extremely long length there is a bright aciditywhich leaves your mouth watering! Love it! Not only is this the best white wine I have tried from Australia this year but it almost goes down as the best wine I've tried from Australia. If you love Chardonnay the get some of this.  

Alcohol: 13.5%
Price: $120
Rated: 95+
Drink: Now - 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment