Sunday 30 October 2011

Torbreck Les Amis 2009

When Grenache is done well you have yourself a serious experience.  Generally, I think that Grenache and Mataro are the two best, yet underrated, varieties in the Barossa.  This wine was sourced from Seppeltsfield, which is one of my favourite sub-regions in the Barossa, so I thought I would in for a fine ride.

Torbreck Les Amis 2009

The nose is a bit muted to start with but it soon opens up with a flurry of  red fruits and skittles.  You know the ones I mean. You can buy them at the supermarket in one of those machines where you put in your twenty cent piece, crank the handle and away you go. God it reminds me of being a kid. I think I used to get the one that had the bouncy ball in it but that's another story.  The flavours of the wine are as smooth as silk and while it is best drank while it is young, I could happily do this any-time with a slow cooked hearty meat dish.

Alcohol: 15.2%
Price: $187
Rated: 91
Drink: Now - 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment