Friday 28 October 2011

Salomon Undhof Wieden & Berg 2010

Bert Salomon comes out to Australia rather regularly and he brings with him a deep sense of personality and thought.  These are two things that I prize highly and they come through in his wines. All of his wines are food and family friendly.


Salomon Undhof Wieden & Berg 2010

The wine starts out shy and restrained so I let it sit.  As I am really thirsty I didn't let it sit for long. If you love crisp dry white with tonnes of length and interest, well 'come on down'.  I feel like I should lower my voice when I say such things.  This is the perfect summer wine that is light in richness yet has flavour galore and complexity to boot.  There are oodles of apples, pears, struck quartz, orange peel and lemon balm that loving caress my mouth but it is the length and zesty acidity that set this apart.  Whilst I love it now and will most probably drink a dozen of these over summer, I have tried aged versions with 10 to 15 years under its belt that have blown me away.

Alcohol: 12.5%
Price: $32
Rated: 91
Drink: Now to 13 years.
Importer: Decant Wines

No comments:

Post a Comment