Wednesday 14 September 2011

Valli Old Vine Riesling 2010

This little winery has only been around for 13 years but they are dedicated to producing individual vineyards wines to showcase the unique terrior within New Zealand. Since their inception they have twice won the best pinot in the world at the London International Wine challenge.  What a start for a young winery.  This is definitely a winery to support especially as they offer these wines at cheap prices when you compare them to their fellow Central Otago friends. 

Valli Old Vine Riesling 2010


Pristine, pure and lively flavours slowly unfold as the wine opens up in the glass.  The wine reminds me of walking into a florist, eating an apple as my best mate threw some quartz and a grapefruit at me.  Well that didn’t happen but the same flavours bounce around in my mouth as if it happened.  If nothing is to be learned from this tasting note then it should be that a good story shouldn’t get in the way of describing the flavours of a wine.  All this talk of flavour is making me thirst so I’m off to the fridge for another glass.

Alcohol: 13%
Price: $30

Rated: 91
Drink: 2013 - 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment