Monday 19 September 2011

Spinifex Indigene 2006


I interviewed Peter Schell from Spinifex for an article that will be printed next issue in a magazine that is distributed in Asia, U.K. and the United States.  As I didn’t use all the information and photo’s I thought I would add it in here.  Pete has a very patient view regarding the development of his wines.  Many of them are aged in massive barrels, 2250 litres and up.  The result is a wine with no oak influence that allows the pure brilliance of the fruits to show.


This is Pete's new toy.

Spinifex Indigene 2006


The flavours are a little further along the developmental time line than I was expecting but who really cares when they are this good. The wine feels soft and cuddly as the experience of leather, mocha, beef jerky and mountains of spice flow over my tongue.  There is an earthy swagger plastered all of this beauty and a lovely chalkiness to the tannin structure.  It is ready to go now but will improve in the medium term.   

Alcohol: 14.5%
Price: $48

Rated: 90
Drink: Now - 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment