Tuesday 13 September 2011

La Spinetta Bordini 2007

Wines from Barbaresco remind me of the colour of a Pinot but with a massive tannin structure.  When compared to Barolo they don't require the same degree of extended cellaring.  I tend to prefer the wines from Barbaresco over their neighbors but I'm not sure why. Maybe I need to try more? 


La Spinetta Bordini 2007

Mouth-filling is underlined in my notes in black pen! Everything is revolved around the tannins.  Even the flavours are enhanced by the beautifully dry yet mouth-watering tannins. It’s a wine to stimulate dinner conversation yet I could see my mates and I sucking this down, quick smart.  The flavor spectrum is definitely towards the savoury end with clay, rose petals, crushed cranberries and tar beautifully riding the tannin train to the end of my tongue.  Magnificent beast of a wine!

Alcohol: 14%
Price: $130

Rated: 94
Drink: 2017 - 2034
Importer:  Decant Wines

No comments:

Post a Comment