Tuesday 13 September 2011

Kanta Riesling 2009

Kanta is made by Egon Muller, who is a Riesling genius.  This is made in a rather unique manner for an Australia white wine. Extended skin contact and reductive handling result in a beautiful styled wine that has added interest due to the many rare qualities that it possess when compared to its Australian counterparts.  If you haven't tasted this before I would recommend grabbing a bottle. 


Kanta Riesling 2009

Compared to other Aussie Rizza’s this is totally different. There is an element of poached apples with lemons and honey.  It reminds me of a time in my childhood when I was sick and my mum used to bring me a cup of lemon and honey tea.  It made me feel better as does this wine. The finish is lovely and crisp and I could see myself downing a few of these over summer.  It should get extra points for taking Aussie Rizza in a new direction but I only scored it on quality.  

Alcohol: 13.5%
Price: $27

Rated: 87
Drink: 2012 - 2019



No comments:

Post a Comment