Saturday 10 September 2011

Dry River Chardonnay 2009

Dry River was the first cult winery from New Zealand that I heard about.  Now a few years on, I get to taste what all the fuss is about.  Do I like them? Yes. Are they drink now wines? No. 

Dry River Chardonnay 2009

Watch out people because the message from this wine booms out of the glass.  I could smell creamy nuts from across the room it was so big.  The palate is another story as it is a little more reserved with a textural component coming into play that I found mesmerizing.  Dry River has a reputation for its ability to age very gracefully and upon tasting this, I can see why.  Even though I could easily drink this now the unreserved power of the fruit has not yet filled out so I would recommend holding off for a while before opening this one. The great length of the palate and eloquent flavours point to a mighty wine to come.

Alcohol: 13%
Price: $70

Rated: 92++
Drink:  2015 - 2020
Importer: Negociants


No comments:

Post a Comment