Friday 23 September 2011

Ceretto Bricco Rocche 2007

 The wine from Barolo can age for a particularly long period and this has made a lot of these wines sort after by the wine collectors of the world.  The flavours are generally in the sour and earthy end of the spectrum but as people have moved away from the fruit bombs, many have fallen in love with these wines.  My prediction is that there will be a huge increase in sales of Nebbiolo and Sagrantino in Australia over the next 5 years as this trend takes hold. 

Ceretto Bricco Rocche 2007

What a mother of a wine we have on our hands. Pure tannins seductively yet sadistically assault my mouth but they carry with them the flavours of dark cherry, dried licorice, sweaty socks, dried flowers and spicy earth.  Did I talk about the tannins? They give the wine a holy cow experience. They are monumental and fill every nook and cranny of my mouth.  The only time I’ve tasted tannins like these are in the wines from Montefalco.  There is an exceptionally long and full bodied hulk of a wine lurking under the tannins.  My god I need a drink of water after tasting this beast!

Alcohol: 14.5%
Price: $320

Rated: 95+
Drink: After 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment