Saturday 17 September 2011

Bodegas Muga Torre Muga 2005

I've got my serious face on now as everyone should when tasting this wine.  The wine is made in the modernist style yet has retained the dirty earthy characters that I struggle to find in so many New World versions.  If you can afford this slap that cash down.  If you are cash poor then try their reserva label as it offers so much goodness for under 50 bucks.

Bodegas Muga Torre Muga  2005

Massive attack of warm potting mix, boot polish and smashed quartz flood my mouth.  While the oak is still prominent I am never worried as the fruit weight and fierce tannins work to take my mind to other places such as the seductive corner of sweet vanilla raspberry pie.  All I need now is some cream and we have ourselves a meal.  There are hints of rugged sophistication like a clean shaven plumber bending over to fix the water works in your house. 

Alcohol: 14%
Price: $190

Rated: 92+
Drink: 2012 - 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment