Monday 29 August 2011

Seppelts Benno Shiraz 2003

Seppelts seem to produce good quality regional wines of value no matter who owns them. This was the first vintage of their Premium Bendigo Shiraz.  I'm glad they took the plunge showcasing the regions within Victoria.  


Seppelts Benno Shiraz 2003

Pure line and length straight off the bat but as my mate and I sat there on a Friday night drinking this we didn't really give it a chance to show its best.  Still, it is brilliant! Cherry cola, blackberry menthol with a hint of spicy cow hide elegantly build as the night went on.   Don't touch these for another 5 or 6 years and this will move up the ranks.  Each time I went back, I had to adjust my notes and score. It is the elegance and length that sets this apart from so many examples of this variety.  Nothing is overblown, everything is controlled.  I would expect this to be around the 95pt when it reaches its peak. I'll get back to you in a few years to let you know how it's going.

Alcohol: 13.5%
Price: $45

Rated: 92
Drink: 2017 - 2028


No comments:

Post a Comment