Monday 15 August 2011

Riecine Chianti Classico 2008

My love of Chianti started when I was travelling around the Italian country side eating regional food, mostly cooked by someones grandma, on a little table that had a candle jammed into an empty squat bottle that had been encased in straw.  I never knew what type of wine would have been served in straw but I wanted to find out.  I still haven't tried one so this beautiful Chianti will have to do.
 
Riecine Chianti Classico 2008


Welcome to tannin town! This could only be Italian as the chalky tannins envelop your mouth in a magnificent manner.  In needs an extra few years in the cellar but otherwise there is brightness and intrigue embossed all over the sophisticated liquid.  While those looking for full bodied enjoyment will have to look elsewhere, you get drink-ability galore in a food friendly manner.  I could see myself finishing the whole bottle by myself no worries, it’s that inviting.


Alcohol: 14%
Price: $40

Rated: 92
Drink: 2013 - 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment