Friday 19 August 2011

Outlaw Wines 5 Star Shiraz 2008

I thought I would write this note as I structure my tasting notes, without the scores for colour, nose and taste.  It's a short note but it allows for an insight into how I taste. Practically all the wines I review get judged over a 3 to 5 day period. I have never seen this label before so I tasted first, then went about finding some information about the winery.  I didn't even know the price until everything had been written up.

Outlaw Wines 5 Star Shiraz 2008

Flavours: Blackberry syrup, spice, charcoal and leather
Length: Medium to short
Tannin: A little underneath the flavour
Balance: Ok - alcohol providing warmth - on the sweet and cuddly side
Comments: A good entry level Barossa shiraz priced right


Alcohol: 14.5%
Price: $14

Rated: 83
Drink: Now

No comments:

Post a Comment