Thursday 4 August 2011

Lucy Margaux Vineyards Monomeith Vineyard Pinot Noir 2010

Anton Van Klopper makes some of the most profound Adelaide Hills Pinots that I've tasted, right up with Ashton Hills. I've tried a few vintages of the Monomeith and each year it is the favorite of his individual vineyard series.  They are made with great care and foresight. 


Lucy Margaux Vineyards Monomeith Vineyard Pinot Noir 2010

Oh Baby this bursts from the bottle with cinnamon, crushed rock and smokey rhubarb.  Complexity is not an issue as there is brightness and a little crunchiness that I love while the flavours are rolling on top of each other for my enjoyment.  I would serve this with a rabbit pie as the acidity would cut through the fatty pastry, leaving me with all things good!


Alcohol: 13.8%
Price: $45

Rated: 91
Drink: 2012 - 2016

2 comments:

  1. great note
    my understanding there are two monomeith
    one 'regular
    one single vinyard so to speak and double the price
    where do you buy the wines as I used to buy them locally in Brisbane and then the shop closed down !
    michel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michel
    I got mine direct. i couldn't say where you could get them in Brisbane but you could contact Anton direct and ask him. if you hit the Lucy Margaux it will take you to his site. i tried both his Monomeiths and there wasn't much difference between the two so i bought this one.
    he is about to release his spring wines so maybe a good time to call. or if you are interested in the 2010 wines i could recommend some places that still have them in Adelaide.
    Josh

    ReplyDelete