Sunday 14 August 2011

Cullen Cabernet Merlot 2008


Cullen has converted all of their vineyards to bio-dynamic practices and they make some brilliant wild ferment wines.  This is one of them.  I normally keep my hands off my Cullens, as they are the Diana Madeline, but I get the feeling I could be trying a few of these while I wait. 

Cullen Cabernet Merlot 2008

What a lovely wine and 12% alcohol to boot.  You have to sit quietly to hear the voice of the wine but when you do oh baby does it talk.  Very similar to my wife last night in fact. When she got home she was absolutely stuffed so she lay on the floor in front of the fire watching TV.  She was half a sleep yet awake and watching whatever was on the box.  As soon as we went to bed she wanted to tell me the stories of the day.  For about half an hour I don’t think she took a breath.  Now, back to the wine…if you listen well enough this is what the wine will do. At 39 bucks it is good value for a Margaret River Cab and I would drink this all the time if I could. Love it.

Alcohol: 12%
Price: $39

Rated: 87
Drink: now - 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment