Monday 11 July 2011

Wolf Blass Eaglehawk Merlot 2010

Wolfgang Blass has made some cracking statement.  
"Barossa should focus on what it does best: full-bodied Shiraz"
"No table wine over 15% should ever get any medal, anywhere in the world, ever."
and his wines would "make strong women weak and weak men strong."
I respect him for making what i consider valid statements.


Wolf Blass Eaglehawk Merlot 2010

I really struggled with this and I'm normally open to try any kind of wine.  It took me a few hours to sit with this wine and it never improved.  The initial burst of flavour is burnt or baked fruit mixed with tinned veggies and a little mulberry juice.  The flavour profile dried out towards the back leaving me wanting more of a different wine.  All I can say was at least the palate was short.


Alcohol: 13.5%
Price: $9

Rated: 75
Drink: now

No comments:

Post a Comment