Tuesday 5 July 2011

Weingut Willi Schaefer Mosel Riesling 2008

So I've finished exams and started tasting again which means i have time to try a few different things.  What got me thinking was, wines that i could try with breakfast.  The first style that comes to mind is sparkling red, the richness can cut through the breakfast of champions, bacon and eggs.  What else has the sweetness yet acidity to take on such a task?

Weingut Willi Schaefer Mosel Riesling 2008

This wine takes me back to my early school years where my mum used to pack pineapple and apple slices in my lunch box for my morning tea break.  Now i don't have to go and play soccer after i drink this but i do feel an urge to do something. There is a little cumquat action adding extra sweetness but it never gets away from it as the acidity cleans up the back palate.  The wine feels complete as it is now and would be a perfect accompaniment to a hearty breakfast.  I might even test it out Saturday morning for our Christmas in July celebrations.



Alcohol: 9%
Price: $29

Rated: 88
Drink: I'm drinking mine now but they will keep for 15 years 
Importer: Eurocentric Wine

No comments:

Post a Comment